Sadhu Pension or Nirashit Pension Scheme in Uttar Pradesh
The Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh has high respect for the Hindu religion. He has commissioned the construction of several temples in the state. But that is not all. He has also announced the implementation of a special scheme that will offer sadhus with a monthly pension from the state coffers. Sadhus have no source of income, but they do require money for arranging their food and medicine. This monetary assistance will help them in this regard. The name of this unique program is Sadhu Pension or Nirashit Pension Scheme.
|Name of the scheme
|Sadhu Pension or Nirashit Pension Scheme
|Date of announcement
|Implementation related meeting
|Venue for the meeting
|Kumbh in Prayagraj
|All categories of saints
Key features of the scheme
- Development for sadhus – There are very few developmental schemes, which are targeted towards the people who have denounced family life, and stared their quest to uncover the mysteries of the religion. With the implementation of this scheme, the UP government will address the development of these sadhus.
- Monetary assistance – The Uttar Pradesh CM has announced that the saints, who enroll under this program, will attain Rs. 500 as pension.
- Monthly pension – The monetary allowance will be offered to the sadhus on a monthly basis.
- All kinds of saints – Sadhus, which do not have a permanent residence and those, which wonder from one place to another (nomadic) will be allowed to get the financial benefit by registering under the scheme.
- Special attention to old saints – The saints who are very elderly, may get some additional benefits. The CM has hinted towards the creation of a special category that will include such sadhus.
Eligibility of the scheme
- Residential criterion – The scheme draft highlights that all eligible sadhus, living within the borders of UP will be entitled to receive the perks of this special scheme.
- Age category – The scheme draft highlights that the age of the sadhu must be 60 years or above to get the financial aid. If they have any age certificate, then they must produce it during the reenrollment process.
- Must be a sadhu – As the name suggests, only religious sadhus will be allowed to get the benefits of this scheme.
How to apply for the scheme?
As most of the sadhus are nomadic in nature, the CM announced that during the meeting, he will arrange special enrollment camps. The sadhus will be able to fill in application forms at these registration camps and get the financial aid from the state government. There will not be any online application mode for this particular project.
Yogi Adityanath has always been protective towards Hindu religion. He is like an icon for many Hindus in the country. This scheme will cement the faith of sadhus in the government. With the implementation of this project, the state will offer some financial security to the saints.