Atal Tinkering Laboratories
Atal Tinkering Laboratories is a scheme under Atal Innovative Mission. The scheme is solely for the purpose of training school students so that they can be the younger innovators of the country. The implementation of this scheme is being carried through in different schools of India. The major objective of this scheme is to create inquisitiveness, inventiveness and imagination in young minds. The scheme also aims to train skills to students such as design mindset, adaptive education, computational discerning, etc. Atal Innovative Mission is managing the procedures of the scheme in schools across India. The motive of this scheme is indeed very noble which solely wishes to benefit the younger minds.
Atal Tinkering Laboratories Aim
The main aim is to develop at least one million children of India through this scheme to become innovators. Another main goal of this scheme is to develop the children in India to become neoteric innovators. The scheme aims to create a team of neoteric innovators for the betterment of the imaginative students and the country.
Atal Tinkering Laboratories Key Features
- Atal Tinkering Laboratories is a scheme with a vision to help the young students by providing them a work space where they would be able to give real shape to their creative ideas and imaginations.
- The children students will be able to use their hand to give shape to their imagination on do-it-yourself mode and they learn innovation skills.
- The children will get a chance to work with tools and equipment. These tools and equipment will make them understand the basics of Science, Math, Technology and Engineering.
- Under this scheme, the children would be provided with tools of Robotics, Microcontroller boards, 3D printers and computers. Video conferences and meeting rooms are also available under this scheme.
- Atal Tinkering Laboratories has a great set of targets to create and develop neoteric inventors and to achieve that they may conduct regional activities as well as national competitions.
- Atal Tinkering Laboratories will conduct workshops on problem solving and lecture series. They will also conduct exhibitions and designing and fabrication of products so that they can foster inventiveness among students.
Eligibility Criteria for Atal Tinkering Laboratories
The schools managed by government are eligible for this scheme. The students from grades VI-XII are eligible to avail the facilities of this scheme. The schools managed by local body and private trusts/ society are also eligible for this scheme.
How to enroll in Atal Tinkering Laboratories
To enroll in Atal Tinkering Laboratories, the school authorities will have to go to the official website of Atal Innovative Mission and go to the section named Apply FOR ATL (Atal Tinkering Laboratories). Then the school authorities will have to provide generic information about their school, and the number of students they are enrolling in the scheme. After that a school can submit their application and enroll in the scheme
Atal Tinkering Laboratories Application Form
The application form for Atal Tinkering Laboratories is available on the official website of Atal Innovative Mission. The application form consists of certain details about a school which a school will be obliged to fill up. A school will need to fill up the application form with generic details about their school like the name, the address, the type, the phone, the fax, the email and the number of students from class VI to class XI of the school.
The school authorities will have to provide other information about the percentage of numbers achieved by their students in the recent board exams and the availability of technologies in their school to fill up the form. The school authority will also need to write 500 words about how they will encourage their students to fill up the form.
Last Date of Submission
The last date for submitting the application form to enroll under the scheme name Atal Tinkering Laboratories is 20th July, 2016. No applications will be accepted after that.
- Atal Innovative Mission will launch 500 Atal Tinkering Laboratories in schools across India. All these schools will be provided with facilities under the scheme.
- Atal Innovative Mission will grant a sum of Rs. 10 lakh to offer a one-time establishment grant-in-aid for establishing Atal Tinkering Laboratories across India.
- For the operational expenses, Atal Innovative Mission will provide an additional sum of Rs. 10 lakh over a period of five years to each Atal Tinkering Laboratories. Thus, a total sum of Rs. 20 lakh would be provided to each Atal Tinkering Laboratories.
Important Terms and Conditions
- All communications regarding the Atal Tinkering Laboratories scheme will be published on the official website of National Institution for Transforming India.
- No applicants will be eligible submit more than one application under this scheme and all the applicants will have to follow the decisions of Atal Innovative Mission.
- Atal Innovative Mission’s decision would be final in any case and no justification would be provided but the applicants may seek for clarification.
- Concerned authorities of Atal Innovative Mission will often pay a visit to the Atal Tinkering Laboratories to see the progress and withdraw the brand name in case of non-performance.
- The applicant school will be obliged to ensure the management of the day to day operations of the laboratory by appointing adequate member of the faculty.
A Summary on Atal Tinkering Laboratories
|Name of the Scheme
|Atal Tinkering Laboratories
|Name of the Mission
|Atal Innovative Mission
|National Institution for Transforming India
|To develop at least one million children of India through this scheme to become innovators
|Rs. 20 lakh for each Atal Tinkering Laboratories School
|Last Date of Submission of Application
|20th July, 2016
|Number of Schools
The scheme itself is a blessing for the people of India especially for the children as they will be benefited by the tools and the equipment this scheme will provide to them. They will get to know the basics of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. The schools will also be benefited when they will be provided with technology services. Overall, this is a noble scheme.